cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Canon Camera Connect with Two Cameras

ChrisJ
Apprentice

There is probably a simple answer to this but I can’t find it. I’m running two Canon cameras. Can I readily switch between them on the Canon Connect app or do I need to download the app twice? I am able to switch using the side menu but it’s a pretty tedious process. Likewise, I want to download RAW images to Canon DPP Express. Simple advice please for a simple person!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

For the CC App, yes sir.  Once connections are made, you can swipe back and forth between saved camera profiles and connect on demand.

The DPP Express App works after the images are downloaded.  Start by downloading the photos you want to edit.  Note, for iOS you have to tell the CC app to download RAW files.  Its a toggle.  **This feature is not available in Android.  After that, you open the DPP Express App, navigate to the folder where your RAW images are saved and open to edit.  The CC App creates a separate folder for each camera when images are transferred.

On my phone I have profiles and folders for R5 C and 6D MKII.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Hi Chris,

Your device will only allow one instance of the Canon Connect App or Canon DPP Express to be installed.  You can have multiple camera's paired to each app, but only one can connect or be controlled at a time.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Okay. Thanks. But how easy is it to switch between the two cameras? Can they both appear in a menu, for example, so you can click on the one you wish to use currently?

For the CC App, yes sir.  Once connections are made, you can swipe back and forth between saved camera profiles and connect on demand.

The DPP Express App works after the images are downloaded.  Start by downloading the photos you want to edit.  Note, for iOS you have to tell the CC app to download RAW files.  Its a toggle.  **This feature is not available in Android.  After that, you open the DPP Express App, navigate to the folder where your RAW images are saved and open to edit.  The CC App creates a separate folder for each camera when images are transferred.

On my phone I have profiles and folders for R5 C and 6D MKII.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks. I’ll give it a go.

Announcements