cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to register Canon EOS VR Utility 1.4 on macOS Sequoia 15.0 beta 4

ajgnet
Apprentice

Hi everyone,

I'm currently experiencing a frustrating issue with the Canon EOS Dual Fisheye f/2.8 VR lens using VR Utility 1.4 on my macOS Sequoia 15.0 system. The app itself opens without any problems, but I can't seem to register it to export videos longer than 2 minutes.

When I attempt to use the CSA Tool to register, it fails with the following error message:

"You can't open the application CSATool-s01.app" because it is not responding.

I am experiencing the same issue on 3 different machines all running MacOS 15.0 Sequoia beta 4. Could someone guide me on the best way to file a bug report with Canon for this issue to ensure Canon developers are aware before the final Sequoia release in 2 months? 

On a side note, I'd like to express my frustration with this registration process. Considering this is only to secure ~$5/month in recurring revenue, it feels unnecessary. I believe it would be much more user-friendly to include the cost of the utility in the price of the lens itself.

Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions.

This is the error that appearsThis is the error that appearsIt happens when I click "Use functions of the subscribed plan" as I am paying for thisIt happens when I click "Use functions of the subscribed plan" as I am paying for this

2 REPLIES 2

Stephen

Beta releases of any OS are not supported. 

Understood, just looking for the correct procedure to report this bug to Canon developers. Thank you!

click here to view the gallery
Announcements