cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to use footage from Dual Fisheye Lens in Premiere Pro

pedz
Enthusiast

I'm not sure where to put this question.  I am on an M1 Mac running Ventura.  My Premiere Pro version is 23.3.

I shot a 2 minute 30 second clip on an EOS R5 with the Dual Fisheye lens.  I have downloaded and installed the Premiere Pro plugin.  The instructions say that when I import a clip longer than 2 minutes, it will prompt me to subscribe.  It has not prompted me.  How can I tell that the plug-in is working?  I have not seen anything to indicate that it is working.

The clip is in raw format CRM.  I also have a clip in MXF format.  I will try a clip in MP4 format to see if it works...

Update: I loaded an MP4 clip and got the prompts.  I now have a 365 day plan for the plugin.

What file formats that the plug-in work on?  Can I do CRM files?  etc...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mark35mmF2
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi there,

Under the Supported Clips segment in the introduction of the software manual I see that it will support MP4, CRM and JPEG still images. I don't see any indications regarding MXF files there. I'll include a link to the manual below.

Canon : Product Manual : EOS VR Utility Instruction Manual : Supported Clips (start.canon)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Mark35mmF2
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi there,

Under the Supported Clips segment in the introduction of the software manual I see that it will support MP4, CRM and JPEG still images. I don't see any indications regarding MXF files there. I'll include a link to the manual below.

Canon : Product Manual : EOS VR Utility Instruction Manual : Supported Clips (start.canon)

pedz
Enthusiast

Thank you.  The link is for the VR Utility.  Various other resources indicate that CRM files are supported by the VR Utility but are not supported in the EOS VR Plugin for Premiere Pro.

I found NEW Canon EOS VR Utility ROCK! My SUPER FAST VR180 Workflow in 2023 to be useful.  Hugh Hou’s English is hard to follow and his presentation is rather erratic but if you persist, it starts to make sense.

I hope Canon decides to add support for CRM into the plugin.

I finally got my first test video processed and uploaded to my Oculus Quest 2.  Lots of steps involved AND the Quest leaves much to be desired as far as image quality.

Announcements