cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble updating firmware for EOS 5D Mark IV

C1onerocky
Apprentice

Hello, I purchased a Mark IV a couple years ago.  When I go to update my firmware, it tells me my model is Japanese and won't update.  Does anyone know a work around? Is there a difference between the firmware for a Japanese camera, and one located in the USA?  

3 REPLIES 3

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

Since most of us probably have not encountered that specific issue, I would suggest giving Canon Tech Support a call on 800-OK-CANON

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is less what they hold in their hand, it's more what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@C1onerocky wrote:

Hello, I purchased a Mark IV a couple years ago.  When I go to update my firmware, it tells me my model is Japanese and won't update.  Does anyone know a work around? Is there a difference between the firmware for a Japanese camera, and one located in the USA?  

I have read elsewhere that cameras for the Japanese Domestic Market (JDM) have a different menu system, so that may be why you are seeing that message. 

Try this EOS 5D Mark IV Firmware Version 1.4.0|Support|Canon

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

Peter
Authority
Authority

What I know there is only one firmware for 5D IV, no matter where you bought it. If you find a different 1.4.0 firmware thast doesn't have this SHA256 checksum you are welcome to tell me.

96b94f4e3a322b9ab14f8e64728db2d839b38199791da355efb118260944bde0 eos5d4-v140-win.zip

The firmware 1.4.0 you download from Japan has the same checksum.

Can you post a video how things look like?

Announcements