cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Disk for EOS 5D and 30D

AE-1
Contributor

Does anyone know which versions of the Digital Camera Solution Disk came with the original 5D and 30D cameras?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi AE-1! 

We had to do a little digging into our archives to find what versions of the EOS Digital Solution Discs the EOS 5D and EOS 30D shipped with! 

The EOS 5D shipped with EOS Digital Solution Disc Version 11.

The EOS 30D shipped with EOS Digital Solution Disc Version 12. 

Both of these discs are not available for download on our website. Our techincal support team maybe able to help you with finding a workaround. You can reach them HERE

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Yes, I see the individual downloads but not the version of the complete disk. That's what I'm looking for.

Hi AE-1! 

We had to do a little digging into our archives to find what versions of the EOS Digital Solution Discs the EOS 5D and EOS 30D shipped with! 

The EOS 5D shipped with EOS Digital Solution Disc Version 11.

The EOS 30D shipped with EOS Digital Solution Disc Version 12. 

Both of these discs are not available for download on our website. Our techincal support team maybe able to help you with finding a workaround. You can reach them HERE

That's excellent. Thank you, Crista !!!

@AE-1 wrote:

Yes, I see the individual downloads but not the version of the complete disk. That's what I'm looking for.

IIRC, when the 5D and 30D were current, complete solution disks were never posted on the Canon site. The posting of solution disks began when manufacturers, notably Apple, started selling tablet computers that couldn't read CDs.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

@AE-1 wrote:

The drivers are there but not the disk version

I'm not sure that your original question even has a definitive answer. I doubt that a camera that had a long production run, like the 5D, shipped with the same disk during that entire run. And some of the early versions of Canon's software were not ones you'd probably want to try to use today. When I bought my XTi, a contemporary of the 5D, Digital Photo Pro didn't even know how to do rotations. The solution disk included a 3rd-party editor that could do rotations (although only on JPEGs, not on RAW files), but I later discovered that JPEGs that were edited with that editor sometimes cause more recent versions of DPP to hang or crash. This may be a case of "Be careful what you wish for; you may get it."

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Announcements