cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing borders in RAW (trimming angle) and saving image

PhotoMan01
Apprentice

I accidently shot some RAW pics in 16.9 ratio. Using DPP  I can see the whole frame and can, using 'angle clipping' ,remove the borders so it returns to the 'normal' ratio. However I cannot 'save as' ther image at this stage of the process. I know all the image is there as I can see it, but how do I save it without the borders?  Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Peter
Authority
Authority

I tried with 6D and raw + jpg together with DPP3 and DPP4 and 16:9 and 1:1. All my picture came out in 3:2. Don´t know what happend there.

Anyway. Upload a raw file, for example via filedropper.com or via dropbox and I can take a look at it.

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

@PhotoMan01 wrote:

I accidently shot some RAW pics in 16.9 ratio. Using DPP  I can see the whole frame and can, using 'angle clipping' ,remove the borders so it returns to the 'normal' ratio. However I cannot 'save as' ther image at this stage of the process. I know all the image is there as I can see it, but how do I save it without the borders?  Thanks.

Yes, if you shot RAW you can change the ratio back to 3X2. Using the trimming tool sellect either the 3X2 Aspect ration or Free and draw a 'cropping rectangle' that selects the whole photo. Then click OK on the trimming tool, and then from the main window choose File - Save or File - Save As to save it.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

If you are using LiveView to focus a shot, take the camera out of LiveView before you snap the picture.  Otherwise, you can get the 16:9 aspect ratio.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements