cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Utility V3 problem

1234minn
Apprentice

I bought a new camera after using the T5 for many years. I had the EOS Remote Utility v2 programmed with macros to allow me to assign the Utility functions to keys on a special keyboard and be able to change to complex settings in just one key press.
This is my keyboardThis is my keyboard
Now, with my EOS R100, I had to upgrade from EOS Remote Utility v2 to V3. Things are different but I have spent many hours doing the programming using “Pulover's Macro Creator”. I’m an amateur but I have been using this for years to program the Utility for use with my keyboard. I have always been able to make the keys work the way I want. The “Marco Creator” learns by your key presses and by mouse clicks.

Now, I have run into a dead end, and I wish I were talking to the programmers of the EOS Utility V3 because this is something the users can’t change and I see no workaround.

1. The window for choosing “Picture Styles” is never in the same place. It pops up into TEN different locations based on what the previous selection was.  And so recording a mouse click is impossible because there is no way to know which style was chosen previously.
  2. Although the arrow keys can be used to select a style, you never know where you are starting because it always starts at the “last” selection and there is no way to know where you are starting.
  3. Plus, there is no “top” or “bottom” to the "Picture Styles" menu and it just “rolls over” no matter which way you are going.

Here is what I would like:

1. Have the Styles window pop up in the same position regardless of the previous selection. Then mouse clicks could select the Style.
  2. Let the Picture Styles Menu have a “hard” top and “hard” bottom that could be selected by “Page up” or “Page down”. Then arrow keys could be used to select the correct style.

Then I could work with that and this is how the V2 Remote Utility worked. Right now it is impossible to program this menu and I am losing 16 of my settings which include combinations.

I can only think that different programmers worked on the different menus.

1. The “White Balance Shift” menu stays in the same place for each of the 10 selections. It also has a hard top and hard bottom so that Page up and Page down and arrow keys can be programmed.
  2. The “Detail Set” menu all appears in the same position.
  3. Spot "AFMenu" pops up consistently in the same place and has “hard top” and “hard bottom”.

Please see my screenshots below.

I hope I can get some help so I can use the utility.

Thanks for your input.

Regards,

Ed

Picture Style NeutralPicture Style Neutral

Picture Style AutoPicture Style Auto

Picture Style User 3Picture Style User 3

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements