cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R6 mkii and tethering with lightroom.

Kristian_Kut
Apprentice

Hey folks ,

Anyone with an r6 mkii having issues tethering to lightroom ? 

LR says it supports the mkii  but I can't get it to read . 

I had no problem tethering with r6 but can't get the r6 mkii to be recognized . 

any insight would be welcome . Thanks .

15 REPLIES 15

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Has anyone tried disabling the EOS Utility Launcher Service in Windows?  Stop the Service.  Disable it from automatically starting by setting it to Manual.  Reboot your PC.

I do not use a Mac for anything that needs to interact with external hardware.  So, I have no suggestions for Mac Users.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

filmashton
Contributor

I'm still having this same issue. I've updated all the things and tried various cables. My conclusion is that Adobe needs to patch the issue or Canon needs to address is via a firmware update. I'm not sure which company needs to take action. However, I share the frustration to this issue and hope it is resolved soon- especially considering that this is supposed to be one of their top cameras right now. 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

This is an Adobe issue.  Lightroom Tethered Camera Support.  

A list of cameras that can be tethered to Lightroom Classic (adobe.com)

Adobe will need to update their software.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Marius_sasu
Apprentice

Lightroom Just got updated today!! And it now supports the R6Mkii and other cameras for tethering. You need the newest version of Lightroom Classic (13.3) for it to work.

WilliamBurdine
Contributor

I spent some time yesterday testing the new Tether feature in the update of LrC, in short it works FINALLY with the Canon R6 mkii.  A bit longer of a reply, Adobe did a great job, again finally, with the update of LR, LrC and LR mobile with it speed and AI generative fill.  So on the speed side, I used this with a 2015 MacBook Air with only 4gb RAM and it ran noticably quicker and the Tether works!  So I can only imagine what it would be like with a newer Mac (Apple silicon) or a newer Windows Laptop with equivalent 2 years or newer.  I can't help to smirk at the timing of Adobe FINALLY updating... I was at WPPI and saw the Evoto editing and tethering and it just kicked LR ass!!! IF EVOTO actually had the cataloging system and a few other minor stuff, like AI gen and remove and a few other minor items, LR will loose. Now the downside of Evoto is you can't import DNG files, so workflow is hindered, where as LR is far easier and far more flexible for file management over Evoto. With the features I saw at WPPI in Evoto, Image, Luminar NEO, Second Shoot and Capture one... Adobe really needs to make greater strides. It's NO time for Adobe to relax on its lead due to the numbers of people using their products.  

I am passionate about capturing authentic, real, and Incredible moments, that happen in an instant, which are treasured forever. Life moves quickly, people always seem to be busy, yet a moment captured halts all and the emotions and feelings, even the laughter happens all over, Life is about the memories with great smiles.

Hi William, May I ask why do you export DNG from Lightroom? ASAF I know, the size of DNG is bigger than the original Raw file.

Announcements