cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R6 mkii and tethering with lightroom.

Kristian_Kut
Apprentice

Hey folks ,

Anyone with an r6 mkii having issues tethering to lightroom ? 

LR says it supports the mkii  but I can't get it to read . 

I had no problem tethering with r6 but can't get the r6 mkii to be recognized . 

any insight would be welcome . Thanks .

12 REPLIES 12

Sascha777
Apprentice

Did you fixed this? I have the same problem, meaby you can help me.

Hi Sascha

right now the only way to do it is to use Canon Connect software and use a " hot folder" in lightroom. It has a little bit of lag time but overall works . check out this video link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGAmoxkT5Y8&ab_channel=ScottLawrence

Hope this helps!

I followed this video and I can definitely say it doesn't work.

• I am using a MacBook Air macOS Monterey 12.4
  • Lightroom Classic 12.1 / ACR 15.1
  • EOS Utility 3

Following the Video, it's instructions and procedures allows me to Remote Shoot the Camera with the EOS Utility 3 and I can see the CR3 file land in the "tether" folder.  HOWEVER, in Lightroom Classic, with the "Auto Import" Enabled and the Import Settings to watch the "tether" folder... it just doesn't work.

Nothing is seen and the File is Not Transferred to the "Destination" folder in the LRC settings... checking the actual Destination folder, there is no file their either. 

I really Hope Canon and Adobe get back on the SAME Page, because this works amazing on my First Gen R6, but NOT at ALL on my R6 mkii.   I really want to use my R6 mkii for the Studio Setting.

How can they be that different? CANON???

I am passionate about capturing authentic, real, and Incredible moments, that happen in an instant, which are treasured forever. Life moves quickly, people always seem to be busy, yet a moment captured halts all and the emotions and feelings, even the laughter happens all over, Life is about the memories with great smiles.

I have Created a BUG ISSUE on Adobe's Community Forum's... PLEASE JOIN over there to Help Bring attention to this issue.  Thanks!

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/r6-mk2-tethering/idi-p/13748945#M43003

I am passionate about capturing authentic, real, and Incredible moments, that happen in an instant, which are treasured forever. Life moves quickly, people always seem to be busy, yet a moment captured halts all and the emotions and feelings, even the laughter happens all over, Life is about the memories with great smiles.

LJonesPhotog
Apprentice

Has anyone found a solution to this issue? My R6 tethered perfectly to LR. My R6 Markii will not. Lightroom does not recognize the camera. I have been trying for months. I have updated my adobe software as well as installed the latest firmware to my camera. I do not want to rely on wifi connection. I want a true tethered solution. I can tether to my iPad via an app called Cascable but prefer tethering to lightroom so that my headshot clients can flag their image choices in the software that I use for retouching. Canon and Adobe... PLEASE fix this!!

Um Nope.. Same for me, R6 Org works fine, R6 mkii won't work.  I have spoken to my local Canon REP here in San Diego and I am emailing her this thread, hopefully she can grease the wheels as Canon Clearly does not pay attention to this community forum or direct emails.

My Local Canon Rep gave me these TWO workarounds... I have not yet tried them, but wanted to share them to DOCUMENT to ADOBE the ridiculousness and lengths we have to go through to get a Second Gen R6 to work with Lightroom.... even though Gen one R6 works fine without ANY MODIFICATIONS or WORKAROUNDS... Please ADOBE, Fix This!

Workaround #1 (Using EOS Utility 3 and Lightroom)

Make sure to Quit out of Lightroom Classic completely, and connect camera to EOS Utility 3

In EOS Utility 3 Remote Shooting option, go to Preferences

-> Linked Software

-> Register

-> Browse

-> Find Lightroom Classic Application

-> Open

-> check mark all image file types across the bottom

-> Click OK

-> Link Software to Adobe Lightroom Classic in dropdown

-> click ok

-> Reopen Lightroom Classic 

When you take a picture now, keeping both EOS utility and Lightroom opened, pictures should auto populate and pull up in the download area of Lightroom, you are able to them click on and view them, once you take another picture it will bring you back to that same download window where they will continue to populate. It looks like once you follow these steps, it will save all of the preferences after closing out all of the programs and open them up again.

Workaround #2 (Only using EOS Utility 3)

If you just want to pull up images for client to see them larger without using Lightroom (minimize Lightroom because it will continue to pull it up if it is not minimized while still being used as a linked software), go to the EOS Utility Remote Shooting -> Other Functions (near bottom of the window) -> quick preview

Now photos will automatically pull up in preview after you take them. 

YYJCanon
Apprentice

Listen up Canon and Adobe! We'd like a fix.

filmashton
Contributor

Still waiting for a fix on this… anyone fixed it with firmware updates or anything?

Announcements