cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting RAW edits from DPP to DPP4

cg5
Apprentice

I was using DPP and switched to DPP4 in 2020. Image edits (brightness, contrast, crop, etc.) made in DPP do not port to DPP4, so if I want to reedit those images I have to use DPP.

(1) Is there a way to port the edits made in DPP into DPP4?
(2) If no, will there be a way to redownload DPP in case I need to, e.g. get a new PC?

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

What camera did you have when you downloaded DPP?

Maybe the support page for that camera has the software? Also, some camera support pages have digital images of the CDs that came with the camera. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

JR, thanks. Camera is EOS 70D, but I’m confused by question since DPP and DPP 4 are downloaded to a Windows laptop. I’ll look into the CDs that came with the camera as you suggest, that may solve item (2) if there’s no solution to (1).

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

DPP is DPP regardless of the version number behind its name. Digital Photo Professional (DPP) has evolved by adding features and support for different file types and operating systems, but the files it supported in earlier versions are the same which are supported today. .cr2, .cr3, etc.

If you edit files and don't save them, your edits will not migrate to another computer or install of DPP.  You either need to save the files before moving or copy over the recipies you created in an earlier version of DPP.

I think they are saved in C:\Users\%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Canon_Inc_IC (by default)

MAC is obvoulsly different.  

You can save recipie files, export and import.  This should allow you to move unsaved edits between your installs.

shadowsports_0-1658006482100.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Go here:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/cameras/eos-dslr-and-mirrorless-ca...

Go to the operating system drop down and select Windows 7. There you can download a digital image of the original CD that came with the camera. There is also an updater to DPP3.15. 

But, with the CD image you will have DPP3, so just use it with the previously edited images. DPP3 and DPP4 can coexist on the same computer.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements