cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Most annoying DPP "feature"

wq9nsc
Authority
Authority

Last night I was trying to quickly work through a series of images from soccer and baseball games and was reminded once again how annoying the splash screen/dialog box showing processing percentage is when trying to quickly edit a number of images. 

Once I have told DPP to convert an image, the workstation I use is perfectly capable of doing that in the background and I don't need an annoying splash screen popping up on the middle of the next image I am editing.

Yes, the splash screen can be moved but that quickly grows tiresome moving it for each image.  A simple option not to display the splash screen will suffice.  A reasonable default would be only display the splash screen IF something goes wrong during conversion to JPG.  I have been using various revisions of DPP since buying my first 1 series Canon in 2005 and I have NEVER seen it fail during conversion but in that same time period I have been annoyed by this useless "information" screen a few hundred thousand times.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video
0 REPLIES 0
Announcements