cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac IOS upgrade affecting Digital Photo Professional functionality...

CDKtheKiwi
Apprentice

I have recently upgraded my Mac to IOS 15 (Sequoia) and this haas affected the functionality of Digital Photo Professional version 4.19.10.0 which is installed. When I attempt to start the HDR composition tool, nothing happens. Is there a work around for this, or do I need to wait for a DPP update to be released?

3 REPLIES 3

Hazel_T
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi CDKtheKiwi,

Digital Photo Professional currently hasn't been updated for OS15 Sequoia, so it might not run correctly or functions might not be available on that operating system at this time. If an update for the software is released it will be posted to the product page for your camera. At this time there haven't been any announcements for when an update may be released. 

Thank you for this although I was hoping to find a solution instead. I do hope Canon will step up and have something ready sooner than later as I still use DPP for many things.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

A good practice might be performing regular backups using time machine.  This will protect your data and give you the opportunity to update and try existing software with a newer operating system. Should you find that an application does not perform as expected, you can restore the system to a point in time when it worked, minimizing disruption and loss of productivity.  

Upgrading to dysfunction is avoidable.  Since Apple does not test all software and hardware scenarios before releasing a new operating system, there is a risk of losing more than being able to use DPP.  Time machine Is an effective solution that can be used to protect data and minimize disruption to workflow.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements