cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS 10- Solution Disk 14.3

Jkoch
Apprentice

How do I make  the Canon Zoom Browse the default photo download software on my new W10 computer? I was unable to locate a current Solution Disc on the Canon website, so I down loaded the Version 14.3 disk that came with my Rebel TXi 400D purchased in 2007. Everything appears to function well and I have gotten used to the new interface and controls. However, downloading photos is a problem because the MS software takes over and downloads all the photos on the camera instead of just the photos downloaded since the last download. Note that before I downloaded the Solution Disk, I did download pictures from my camera...I know...the instructions warn agist downloading photos before installing the Disk., but a Canon Tech, in previos post, adivsed not to worry.

2 REPLIES 2

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Is MS 10 = to Windows 10?

If it is all the updates there are, are on Canon's support site.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@Jkoch wrote:

How do I make  the Canon Zoom Browse the default photo download software on my new W10 computer? I was unable to locate a current Solution Disc on the Canon website, so I down loaded the Version 14.3 disk that came with my Rebel TXi 400D purchased in 2007. Everything appears to function well and I have gotten used to the new interface and controls. However, downloading photos is a problem because the MS software takes over and downloads all the photos on the camera instead of just the photos downloaded since the last download. Note that before I downloaded the Solution Disk, I did download pictures from my camera...I know...the instructions warn agist downloading photos before installing the Disk., but a Canon Tech, in previos post, adivsed not to worry.

Canon abandoned Zoombrowser long before Windows 10 came out, so you've already gotten farther than I would have expected. My wife and I used to have XTi's; and IIRC, the then-current version of EOS Utility could be used to upload photos. Since EOSU is still a supported product, you could try the latest release of EOSU Version 2 and see if it works. But by far the simplest solution is to switch to a card reader. Given how inexpensive a pretty good card reader is, it seems silly to worry about esoteric software alternatives.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Announcements