cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue: EOS VR Utility Software Not Converting EOS R7 Videos to Equirectangular Format

CPTRoc
Contributor

Hello everyone,

I'm having trouble with the EOS VR utility software. I've installed and registered the software, and I am attempting to convert videos shot with my EOS R7 camera. Unfortunately, the software is not converting these videos into equirectangular format.

Here are the details of my system:

• Computer: Lenovo
  • Processor: Intel Core i9
  • Graphics Card: Nvidia RTX 4080
  • RAM: 16GB

Despite meeting what I believe are the necessary system requirements, I haven't been able to resolve this issue. Any advice or assistance to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

10 REPLIES 10

The software does indeed transform the video, but it does not convert it into an equirectangular format, which is a crucial step. This transformation is necessary to remove the black areas surrounding the fisheye-formatted video. When the video is correctly transformed into an equirectangular format, it becomes more compatible with various platforms, including YouTube.

As of August 13, 2024, YouTube is experiencing issues recognizing and uploading videos shot on the EOS R7 in the 3D 180 VR format. In essence, the EOS VR Utility software and the Premiere Pro plugin do not correctly format 3D 180 VR video shot on the EOS R7 into an equirectangular format. Consequently, this improperly formatted video cannot be uploaded to YouTube.

This is the core issue I’m encountering."

Announcements