cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing EOS utility, typing admin password doesn't work to install

imaginegirl
Apprentice

I'm trying to install the EOS utility. I right-clicked on the EXE file and selected Run as administrator. I typed my passcode and clicked OK. The utility then displayed an error that admin privileges are required.

What is going on? I'm on Windows 11.

I know that the passcode is correct. I use it all of the time.

5 REPLIES 5

Tiffany

Welcome to the Canon forum!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know what model Canon equipment you are using. Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE

Thank you!

sastrawong
Apprentice

Exactly, I have the same problem.
I use EOS 60D and install it for Windows 11

Hi sastrawong,

The import software the EOS 60D used is EOS Utility 2. That is the only version of the software that will recognize your camera. EOS Utility 2 is not compatible with Windows 11, so you will not be able to use that to import your photos. You can import your photos and videos using a USB card reader. To do that you would take the memory card out of the camera, load it into the USB card reader, and then use File Explorer to drag and drop the photos and videos into folders on your computer. At this time there are no plans to update EOS Utility 2 for newer Windows operating systems.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

For the 60D, you will probably need an older version of the software.  I think version 3.15.10  supports the 60D with EOS utility V2 .

What version of the es utility are you trying to install?

To save time and avoid unnecessary troubleshooting in your environment, please log off of the local user account with limited permissions. 

Log into an account with administrator permissions and install the EOS utility.  Run the EU2 and test connection. Note the EU2 is on the applications folder in the EOS Utility Programs Folder.   The EU3 will not detect the camera.

When satisfied, log off as the user with admin permissions and log in is the user with limited permissions.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Are logged in as administrator?  Is this your computer?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements