cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install the EOS Software Disk without the CD and without an online download

mattslil000
Apprentice

I recently got an EOS 50D camera from my aunt to use in a photography class and need to upload my images onto my laptop. It says I need to install the EOS Digital Solution Disk before uploading images. I don't have the disk and I don't even have anywhere to insert one on my laptop. I looked into it and found the Canon page that lets you download the software right from the internet but when I put in my camera model and my operating system (Windows 11) it said that the software is not supported with the operating system and not available for download. I don't know what to do anymore.

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings ,

No software is required to transfer pictures.  

One option is to use a card reader.  Another option is a cable that will connect the camera to a USB port on the computer.  Windows will detect the camera or card as a mass storage device.

A card reader is probably the best option.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements