cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has Canon Abandoned software support for DSLR's under macOS Sonoma?

Miamic70
Enthusiast

Has Canon Abandoned software support for DSLR's under macOS Sonoma?

Company with nearly 40 Billion dollar market cap constantly FAILS at software.

15 REPLIES 15

I'm a software developer.  Keeping up with the device OS for a given application is just part of the job with a commercial software product.  Doesn't matter if it is Windows, Linux, iOS or MacOS - you need to keep your software running on the expected platforms.  Apple and Microsoft release the OS updates in advance for developers, so there is plenty of time to get your application prepared for the public OS updates.  

100%

Unfortunately, not everyone feels the same way and apparently it’s easier to deflect blame, responsibility and spread FUD. 

“ Apple and Microsoft release the OS updates in advance for developers, so there is plenty of time to get your application prepared for the public OS updates. “

True. But Apple has a habit of releasing an updated version of what was given to developers.  One recent update disabled USB ports for certain types of apps. 

It doesn’t serve Apple’s best interests for  third party camera apps to work.  Apple would rather see you buy a camera from Apple.  

The fact that you cannot use external cameras with Apple apps is telling.  I can use any camera I want with MS Teams, but not do with Apple FaceTime. 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

FUD

Apple doesn’t sell cameras and have used and use  Fuji, Logitech and even Canon cameras just fine under Zoom, MS Teams, and even Apple FaceTime. 

@Miamic70 wrote:

FUD

Apple doesn’t sell cameras and have used and use  Fuji, Logitech and even Canon cameras just fine under Zoom, MS Teams, and even Apple FaceTime. 

Apple is a camera company, too.  Apple cameras are called iPhones.  

BTW, I posted links to two solutions for similar issues.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
click here to view the gallery
Announcements