cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eos Utility not working with Sonoma and Adobe

Barrphoto
Contributor

continuing to have an issue with eon utility not working with Sonoma and the latest versions of photoshop and bridge.  it says that some other software is connected to the camera and I can only get it to work by loading in safe mode.  Any one found a fix yet??  

I have had to resort to Kuuvk capture (not ideal) but have to keep getting work done.  Ideally would like to see eos utility back working...    Anyone have a fix other than different software?

14 REPLIES 14

captivaman
Apprentice

This update does not fix the issue for Intel-based Macs with Sonoma 14.3. The EOS 3.18 Utility on my MacBook 2018 does not connect to my 80D the way it does on my Windows machines. Come on, Canon…fix it!

Hello captivaman,

I'm sorry to hear that you are still having issues with the software after updating it on your Mac. You may want to contact our technical support reps for further assistance with this. The update should have resolved any issues. If you would like to speak with a Canon representative, please contact our Technical Support Team at 1-800-652-2666, Monday through Friday between 9:00 am to 9:00 pm ET and Saturday between 9:00 am to 7:00 pm ET. 

Aroche
Apprentice

I've found using the old EU2 to be more reliable.

It's not ideal, of course, but it will have to do until Canon figures out a fix.

IthacaNY
Contributor
  1. To Aroche. This won't work with a newer camera like an R3. I tried it on an M2 MacBook Pro. I suspect it might work with an older camera on a Mac with a conventional USB port. I still have a 5D IV but I don't want to risk installing EU2 on my main machine, a 2020 iMac.

IthacaNY
Contributor

Solved on a Canon R3. On the yellow, wrench menu, Tab 4 set "Choose USB connection app" to the top choice, "Photo Import/Remote Control".

click here to view the gallery
Announcements