cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOSWebcamUtility Cannot get it to work

torch621
Contributor

I've recently installed the EOS Webcam Utility and I cannot get it to work.  When I go to try and use it in Skype, it doesn't even show up.  I tried to run it on Discord, and the shutter just flips open and shut again and I can't see any video when I do a video test.  I don't know what I'm doing wrong and I'm beginning to think it's useless.

7 REPLIES 7

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Let's start with what camera model do you have?

Is it supported?

What OS are you using it with?

Believe it only works with the Desktop verson of Skype.. not the App.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

torch621
Contributor
I have a Canon Rebel t7i and I'm using Windows 10.

@torch621 wrote:
I have a Canon Rebel t7i and I'm using Windows 10.

There are instructions, tips, and recommendations throughout the two pinned posters at th top of the Software forum.

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Software/Now-Available-for-Mac-EOS-Webcam-Utility-Beta-Software-S... 

Refer to the instructions posted by the Moderator in the very first post in the thread.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

torch621
Contributor
This appears to be for Mac though and I'm using windows.

@torch621 wrote:
This appears to be for Mac though and I'm using windows.

The instructions are [arguably] identical.  They should also be in the first post in [the Windows] thread.  But, the [instructions] in the MAC thread are more recent.

I got it to work finally.  I had to use Skype in my browser but it works now.

@torch621 wrote:

I got it to work finally.  I had to use Skype in my browser but it works now.

Microsoft sold off the Skype brand a year ago.  I believe CNET took it over because Microsoft was moving to MS Teams.

It seems the transactions were finally closed earlier this year.  The Skype app from the Windows Store no longer works like it used to.  There is a new app available from the new Skype web site.  Some users are reporting that it works with the Beta.

Announcements