cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with downloading software without Canon CD

yuvismahi2
Apprentice

I bought my Canon 100D camera four years ago, and I used the CD to download all the softwares for the camera onto my computer, but since then have lost the CD and desperately need it for my laptop. The Canon UK website doesn't provide any links or available downloads for EOS Utility, I've tried just about everything, including the regedit thing. I've also tried downloading the EOS utility from a Canon website for a different country, like Canon India. I click it, some times it shows the flash-screen and then disappears, some times it doesn't start at all. I've uninstalled and reinstalled too many times to count, I've trialled using the updater. Nothing seems to be working. Please help me.

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Sounds like you are beating your head against a wall.

Maybe contact / call canon.

https://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/products/cameras/digital_slr/eos_100d.html?type=so...

You'll need the original files in order to use the updates on the UK website.  I'm sure they can help. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Ray-uk
Whiz

If you are trying to download the software for Windows 10 then as you have found out there are only updates available.

The UK website automatically detects your operating system but you can change this.

If you select Windows 8.1 (32 bit or 64 bit) then you will see there is a copy of the original CD available, you can download and install this then you will be able to download and install the upgrades for Windows 10.

Ray-UK...  I tried this, but it doesn't appear for me.  Still only offered the Updater.  I don't see the "Full Verson Tab" either.  Maybe because I am in a different region.

EOS.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

It appears to be there, as near as I can tell.

447CF5D2-59BF-4978-A7EE-C0AA3A30911C.jpeg

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@shadowsports wrote:

Ray-UK...  I tried this, but it doesn't appear for me.  Still only offered the Updater.  I don't see the "Full Verson Tab" either.  Maybe because I am in a different region.

Try Canon UK or Europe instead of Canon USA, the software is the same.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements