cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS utility not working on mac ventura

bekka7957
Apprentice

I have just installed the eos utility on my new MacBook Air (Ventura 13.5.1). I managed to install it, however when I open the program everything is grey and I can't click on anything. Camera is connected through WiFi but an error message pops up saying can't connect to server. Are any updates available for Ventura? Any suggestions please? 

12 REPLIES 12

Nick2020
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi bekka7957,

Thanks for checking in with us. To try to isolate the issue, let's try connecting to EOS Utility by USB. This will help us determine if the issue is specific to the software, the connection, or the camera.

Go into the camera, turn off the Wi-Fi settings, and then connect by USB. A wired connection won't work when Wi-Fi is active. Does EOS Utility recognize the camera when it is connected by USB and turned on?

If not try using Image Capture, a program already built into your Mac.
With the camera connected, try doing the following:
1. Click on your hard drive
2. Open your APPLICATIONS folder
3. Open the program that says IMAGE CAPTURE

Are you able to download images with EOS Utility or Image Capture?

Hey

I just had the same problem with my EOS utility 3 with MacOs Ventura.

neither I could connect with wifi nor with usb.

the USB option worked well when I used Macos image capture application and could copy the images from camera into my hard drive.

sophiliqy
Apprentice

I also have this problem after connecting to my new mac.  I've used this happily for a couple of years on a much older version of ios. EOS 250D. I've downloaded all the new utility software and disabled the wifi connection.  I can see photos and the camera in image capture but it's not connecting for zoom or Facetime. 

Canon USA does not support the EOS 250D, however, you may find the information at canon.us/livestream helpful. Facetime is not supported by the EOS Webcam Utility Pro software. 

If you need immediate help, please reach out to support at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666) Monday through Friday from 9am to 9pm (ET) or Saturday from 9am to 8pm (ET). 
If you're outside of the US, you'll find contact information HERE

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@bekka7957 wrote:

I have just installed the eos utility on my new MacBook Air (Ventura 13.5.1). I managed to install it, however when I open the program everything is grey and I can't click on anything. Camera is connected through WiFi but an error message pops up saying can't connect to server. Are any updates available for Ventura? Any suggestions please? 

This is an identified problem with EOSU and Ventura USB connection. Many posts in the forum. Not a problem with Apple Image Capture or third party apps Kuuvik Capture and Lightroom Classic.

Now that we have gotten interest from Nick2020 maybe it can be resolved.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

Is there a workaround? I kind of rely on my camera for online therapy work 😕

myasmith
Apprentice

I have been having a similar issue. I have updated my computer to Ventura 13.5.2 and updated to the EOS Utility 3. I always connect my camera via USB. It was working just fine, but now when I plug it in I am given an error that says the computer can not connect with the camera and that I need to close all apps that communicate with the camera, then try again. I have closed all apps and have even restarted my computer however I am still getting this error. I don't know what else to try. If you happen to know any information that would be awesome!

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

If there is a version of EOSU 3.16 that is compatible with your camera try that. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

Sarnack
Apprentice

I'm getting similar results with Ventura 13.6, EOS Utility 3 (3.17.2), camera firmware up to date.  On the initial connection I was prompted by the OS to allow the accessory to connect, I did, and was able to use the remote shooting feature.  All subsequent attempts have failed with multiple cables.  WiFi is disabled.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements