cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS VR Utility - HEVC Authenticator Not working

Filmman3000
Contributor

Hello. I'm attempting to use the EOS VR Utility. 

I installed it on my Apple M1 Max Macbook pro running Mac OSX Monterey 12.3.1 - I originally installed the software and registered an EOS R5 Camera so that I could download the HEVC Authenticator. I then used the software without any issue. 

I then Purchased the EOS R5C and Attempted to use the app with the new camera. It then asked me to Install the HEVC Authenticator again. I then logged on used the serial from the new camera and downloaded the HEVC Authenticator again and proceeded to install it. 

It went through the process then said it was already installed. The issue is the software asks me to install the authenticator and the authenticator tells me its already installed. 

Is there a way to uninstall the HEVC Authenticator? 

I tried reinstalling the app but the authenticator remained. There is no uninstall option and I'm now stuck with software that I'm paying for that doesn't work for a $5000 camera with a $2000 lens. 

Please direct me to someone who can help resolve this. I know its a fairly technical issue and the person needs to understand this software well to understand what I’m going through.

Also It seems to work fine on Windows when the second authenticator is installed.

Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11

Thanks for this. I had a similar problem shooting with this lens in an R5. Finally found a small note in the manual saying the M1 or Apple silicon chips are not supported. So frustrating.

visitas360
Apprentice

Hey, you are totally right... after a lot of searching, fortunately i arrived to this post and found the solution... every were the HEVC activator is labeled for EOS R5 but not for R5C but with your provided link, i got the right version and it´s working with R5C. Thanks a lot.
@CanonUSA please locate this version of the HEVC ACTIVATOR on the main downloads website related to EOS R5C.

Announcements