cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Utility software

stevet1
Whiz
Whiz

Forgive me if this has been asked before.

This is how I understand it:

If I upgrade from a T6 to a T8i, I'll be downloading a new EOS Utility software.

1) Will this software override my exisiting software, or will I wind up with two software programs?

2) If it overides the software I have, will I be able to use that software with pictures taken on my older T6?

Thanks for your help.

Steve Thomas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Hi Steve,

The latest EOS Utility Software (currently 3.12.30)  includes two versions of the Utility v2 and v3.  The one that runs depends on the camera you connect.  Older = 2, newer =3.

Nothing's going to get wiped out.  

Downloads are here:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/cameras/eos-dslr-and-mirrorless-ca...

Congrats on the T8i..  great camera.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Hi Steve,

The latest EOS Utility Software (currently 3.12.30)  includes two versions of the Utility v2 and v3.  The one that runs depends on the camera you connect.  Older = 2, newer =3.

Nothing's going to get wiped out.  

Downloads are here:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/cameras/eos-dslr-and-mirrorless-ca...

Congrats on the T8i..  great camera.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Rick,
Thanks.
I'll get right on that.
Steve
Announcements