cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Utility installation issues for my r5 on my MacBook Pro M1 Max

KirkEdwards
Apprentice

Trying to initiate a tethered capture in Lightroom Classic from my r5 and am having zero luck. Tried to download the latest version of EOS Utility but it will not install, just says transferring files for a second and then craps out every time. Extremely frustrating.

2 REPLIES 2

Nick2020
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi KirkEdwards,

I'm not sure where you tried to get EOS Utility, so let me walk you through the steps.

You can download the software from our website. Let's start by going to
http://www.usa.canon.com/support

Enter your camera model in the prompt, select it from the options that load under the box, and then press ENTER.

The EOS Utility download is actually a zipped file. When it finishes downloading, you'll want to double click the file. This will create another file with a drive icon on your desktop or in the same location as the downloaded file. Double click that and you should see the installer screen. Follow the on-screen prompts, and EOS Utility should install.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

KirkEdwards ,

The installer is a self-extracting zip.  Are you having a problem with extracting the files or running the .dmg installer?

If you're not seeing the folder with the executable on your desktop', its possible you don't have the hard disks option checked on you Mac.  Without this enabled in properties, the unpacked folder won't display on your desktop.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements