cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Computer Software for Canon EOS Rebel XT from 2002

uda
Apprentice

I have an old Canon EOS Rebel XT from 2002ish.  My computer runs Windows 11 and does not have a CDROM.  I need to install the camera software so I can connect my camera to my computer and upload pictures but I cannot find a digital download on line for this.  Any ideas?  The SD card slots on my computer are not the right size for the SanDisk Compact Flash card.  Any suggestions?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

All software for the Rebel XT is available here:

Canon Support for EOS Digital Rebel | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

You do not need software to download images, etc.  A cable or card reader should be all you need.  I'm sure CF type I & II readers are still around.  In all honesty, its time to retire that device.  6.3MP.  Your phone likely does more than it can.  😃  Much has happened with digital imaging in the last 20+ years.  😉  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

Darn Rick... I still have an almost new EOS 400D - what am I going to do now! 😕

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is not what they hold in their hand, it's what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

Your best bet is to get a USB card reader that will accept CF Cards - note not CF EXPRESS cards, they are completely different. Many card readers will take multiple formats, but make sure it takes the CF cards.
If you have the card reader, just turn off your camera, remove the card, put it in the reader and  your computer should see it as a removeable drive.  Copy the files from the DCIM folder to wherever you choose. You don't need special software.

Afterwards, remove the card, re-insert back into the camera and use the camera's format command to format the card clean ready for the next shoot.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is not what they hold in their hand, it's what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements