cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Utility for EOS R7 with MacOS Monterery 12.6

lederati1459
Apprentice

I downloaded the EOS Utility software for MacOS.  I could not specifically find the OS Monterery 12.6, just Monterery 12.  When I double-click on the EU3.16 Installer it extracts files, but then nothing.  There are no files and no installation page.   I downloaded the EOS Utility software for Windows 11 on a laptop and the installer worked without a problem.   

Does the EOS Utility software not work for Monterery 12.6?  If it does, what am I doing wrong?

3 REPLIES 3

Hazel_T
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi lederati1459,

On our website the operating systems are listed by the main number, so the OS 12 version is the correct one to download for your computer. The software listed has been updated for OS Monterey 12.6. When you download the file you should be able to open it and the installer would be inside.

Since you are not seeing the installer there are a couple of things to try. The first is to try downloading the file using a different web browser. Sometimes computers will open a file downloaded from one web browser and not another. If you need a link back to where the software is available that is HERE. Once you are on the web page click on the Software & Drivers button and the current version is EOS Utility 3.16.11 for macOS.

If the file still isn't opening another thing to try would be to open Finder on your computer, set it to either Column or List view, navigate to the downloaded file, and try opening it in Finder. When it opens the installer should be listed to the side or below the folder.

Thank you, but the EOS Utility 3.16.11 installer will still not open.   I viewed the package contents of the installer and I did not see any exe file. Below are screenshots of the intaller package contents.

Screen Shot 2023-04-19 at 12.53.24 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-04-19 at 12.53.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-04-19 at 12.53.50 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-04-19 at 12.54.20 PM.png

Stephen

Please call technical support for one-on-one help with this. They're at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666) Monday through Friday from 9am to 9pm (ET) and Saturday from 8am to 7pm (ET). 

click here to view the gallery
Announcements