cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Utility for 5D Mark II - Mac OS Ventura not supported?

35mmiles
Apprentice

Hey everyone,

I couldn't seem to find this exact or similar question anywhere, so if it is, I apologize in advance.

I am using a 5D Mark II as my digital camera, and while I don't shoot on it as often as my Canon SLRs (AE-1 and EOS 3), I would like the option to have some digital photos with a film simulation applied. I know Picture Styles is how I could achieve this in camera; however, it seems--based on my research--that I can only apply them in post if I'm using a 5D Mark II with this version of Mac OS (Ventura). I run into an error warning that I need EOS Utility 2 to run, but that version won't install on my Mac... am I missing something or am I just out of luck on this one? Is there any alternatives or alternate software I can use to Register/Load Picture Styles into the camera so I can shoot these styles SOOC (straight out of camera)? Any sort of tips or advice are appreciated.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@35mmiles wrote:

Hey everyone,

I couldn't seem to find this exact or similar question anywhere, so if it is, I apologize in advance.

I am using a 5D Mark II as my digital camera, and while I don't shoot on it as often as my Canon SLRs (AE-1 and EOS 3), I would like the option to have some digital photos with a film simulation applied. I know Picture Styles is how I could achieve this in camera; however, it seems--based on my research--that I can only apply them in post if I'm using a 5D Mark II with this version of Mac OS (Ventura). I run into an error warning that I need EOS Utility 2 to run, but that version won't install on my Mac... am I missing something or am I just out of luck on this one? Is there any alternatives or alternate software I can use to Register/Load Picture Styles into the camera so I can shoot these styles SOOC (straight out of camera)? Any sort of tips or advice are appreciated.

Thanks!

Unfortunately, as you found, EOSU2 is not compatible with later versions of macOS. I am not aware of any alternate software that can load custom Picture Styles. Do you have a friend who might have a Windows computer? Or someone with an old Mac?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic
click here to view the gallery
Announcements