cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Utility and Windows 11

MrW
Apprentice

When is Canon intending to correct this issue?  I would like to use the utility to connect my camera to the computer for remote portrait pictures. Is there a live person available to discuss this?

8 REPLIES 8

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

This is only a user forum.  If you wish to make an official complaint with Canon, then I suggest that you contact them directly.  

Meanwhile, help someone to help you.  What camera are yo using?  I just looked up the EOS R6, and Windows 11 software is available for the EOS Utility and Digital Photo Professional.

https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/eos-r6 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I am using a 60D.  I did not think I needed to make a formal complaint but I was hoping someone discovered a way to make it work.

@MrW wrote:

I am using a 60D.  I did not think I needed to make a formal complaint but I was hoping someone discovered a way to make it work.

Your post did not ask a technical question.  It came across as an angry rant, to me.  

Thank-you, for stating which camera you are using.  Software is available for the 60D on Windows 11.  This is a link to the product page for the 60D.  You may need select an older Windows OS for the EOS Utility.  Installing the EOS Utility 3 used to also install EOS Utility 2, but apparently the most recent versions no longer do so.  

https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/eos-60d 

@Waddizzle wrote:

@MrW wrote:

Your post did not ask a technical question.  It came across as an angry rant, to me.  

Thank-you, for stating which camera you are using.  Software is available for the 60D on Windows 11.  This is a link to the product page for the 60D.  You may need select an older Windows OS for the EOS Utility.  Installing the EOS Utility 3 used to also install EOS Utility 2, but apparently the most recent versions no longer do so.  

https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/eos-60d 

Version 3.13.10 will install EOSU2 along with 3.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

OmniChi
Apprentice

I am having the same issue, EOS Utility installer outright crashes when run under Windows 11.

Please start a separate thread of your own for your issue.  Thanks.

normadel
Authority
Authority

Odd. I have EOS Utility 2 and 3 installed on Windows 11 computers and they work fine.

Cameras are 6D, 60D, 50D, Rebel T1i.  The correct EU version opens for the connected camera.

normadel
Authority
Authority

EU 2 and 3 can also be installed separately at different times if you have one and find you need the other for different cameras.  Also deleted separately...removing one does not affect the other.. 

Announcements