cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Utility & related software availability for EOS Rebel T3i

luveos2024
Apprentice

Hello All:

I have a fairly old Rebel EOS T3i camera. It came with a software CD that had the ImageBrowser EX, ZoomBrowser EX and other software. I no longer have the software CD. In the past I use to use the Microsoft Photo application to transfer images from camara to my desktop (Windows 10). The Microsoft Photo software had the option to download images in subdirectories indexed by the shooting date (YYYY-MM-DD). However with recent update to the OS Microsoft seems to have dropped this option and now dumps the images in a single folder forcing you to sort and index the images manually.

I found an old thread on this forum that provided a link to the software bundle. I was able to install it but the ImageBrowser EX and ZoomBrowser EX use Microsoft Silverlight which is not longer support by Microsoft for security vulnerabilities and the Silverlight package included with the software doesn't quite work as a result I cannot launch ImageBrowser EX or ZoomBrowser EX.

Furthermore, in the list of software available in the Canon support section for the EOS Rebel T3i only various versions of Digital Professional 4, Picture Style Editor and Neural Network Upscaling Tool show up. So does that mean Canon has officially stopped support for EOS Utilities bundle of software? If so what is the replacement is any.

Would really appreciate the communities help in this matter.

Kind Regards...

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Go to the support page for the 1D X Mark III 

https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/eos-1d-x-mark-iii-1

Keep selecting Download More till you see EOSU 3.13.10. Download that software. It will install EOSU3 and EOSU2. EOSU2 will support your camera. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

View solution in original post

Hi.

1. EOSU2 is obsolete and not updated any more. EOSU 3.13.10 is the last version of EOSU that will install EOSU2 along with EOSU3. And it works with all OSs.

2. It doesn't have to be the 1D X Mark III support site. It can be any site that lists that version of EOSU3.

3. For your camera you could have gone to the T3i support site and downloaded the digital image for the CD that came with the camera and then run the EOSU 2.14 updater. I could have worked through all that and posted that info, but that would require a different search on my part the next time someone asked your question for a different camera model. It is much easier for me to just provide the info from the site that I know will work.

4. There are many ways to download images from camera or card reader. One doesn't need any Canon software to download and process images from a Canon camera. I personally do not use any Canon software but try and help folks who do.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Go to the support page for the 1D X Mark III 

https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/eos-1d-x-mark-iii-1

Keep selecting Download More till you see EOSU 3.13.10. Download that software. It will install EOSU3 and EOSU2. EOSU2 will support your camera. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Hello John,

First of all thank you for taking the time to respond to my query. I downloaded the specified software and it works as expected with transfering the pictures. I does not have any viewing software installed but I guess MS Photo and normal JPEG viewers are ok.

I have a couple of follow up questions if you would be so kind to answer.

1. How in the world will a mere mortal such as myself would have EVEN GUESSED to look for software under EOS 1D X Mark III when I own a EOS Rebel T3i??!!!! Other than the words "EOS" they have nothing in common!
  2. Why stop @ version 3.13.10 when there is 3.18.5 available? Will the later versions not work?
  3. Why would Canon not officially publish this software under the proper model? Or is this akin to an "off-label" use as you see in pharmaceuticals and experts such as yourself are aware of the features and can recommend it while Canon does not officially want to say it can be used?
  4. Finally from the MSFT App store I downloaded a simple app called "Photo & Video Import" which seems to function quite well. Allows you to specify structure of downloaded sub-folders (Indexed by shooting date YYYY-MM-DD) and works for whole range of devices. Would that not be a more flexible choice?

Really would appreciate your feedback.

Kind Regards....

Hi.

1. EOSU2 is obsolete and not updated any more. EOSU 3.13.10 is the last version of EOSU that will install EOSU2 along with EOSU3. And it works with all OSs.

2. It doesn't have to be the 1D X Mark III support site. It can be any site that lists that version of EOSU3.

3. For your camera you could have gone to the T3i support site and downloaded the digital image for the CD that came with the camera and then run the EOSU 2.14 updater. I could have worked through all that and posted that info, but that would require a different search on my part the next time someone asked your question for a different camera model. It is much easier for me to just provide the info from the site that I know will work.

4. There are many ways to download images from camera or card reader. One doesn't need any Canon software to download and process images from a Canon camera. I personally do not use any Canon software but try and help folks who do.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thank you!!!

Announcements