cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Utility 3 unable to pair with Canon 5D IV

tmc784
Enthusiast

Hello .

Since I update the Canon DPP4 and Utility 3 and then my Canon 5D IV unable to pair with my Windows 10 PC.

I deleted the software, restart my PC and re download but no luck. Now I connected my camera to the PC via USB 3 cable, But the Utility software doesn't recognize my camera.

So frustrated and need help.

Thank you for your time.

8 REPLIES 8

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@tmc784 wrote:

Hello .

Since I update the Canon DPP4 and Utility 3 and then my Canon 5D IV unable to pair with my Windows 10 PC.

I deleted the software, restart my PC and re download but no luck. Now I connected my camera to the PC via USB 3 cable, But the Utility software doesn't recognize my camera.

So frustrated and need help.

Thank you for your time.

It sounds like you updated the camera, but it also sounds like you did not.

No matter.  The next time you connect the camera via USB, turn it on, and then go into the C:\Programs folder for the Canon Utility and manually start the EOS Utility 3.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

The camera has the latest firmware version.

Now the USB wired connection is connected and can open the Utility 3 but cannot to upload the pictures to PC.

Still cannot pair the camera and PC WiFi via router. It had no problem before.

@tmc784 wrote:

The camera has the latest firmware version.

Now the USB wired connection is connected and can open the Utility 3 but cannot to upload the pictures to PC.

Still cannot pair the camera and PC WiFi via router. It had no problem before.

Please, make up your mind.  Are trying to create a USB connection or a Wi-Fi connection?  You have to go into the camera's menus and tell it what type of connection you want to use.  It does not automatically switch on its' own.

tmc784
Enthusiast
Because I can't connect by WiFi after updated, I have no choice to connect by USB cable but unfortunately images can't be upload to PC.

I suggest that you contact Canon Support.  

tmc784
Enthusiast

Hello Every one,

First , I have to thank all people who are so enthusiastic to help me out. I solved the EOS Utility Wifi didn't pairing issue. I uninstalled the EOS updated Utility software download from Canon web,  then I installed the original CD software came with my camera and boom it works. I don't want to download update software from the web, maybe it has bugs.

@tmc784 wrote:

Hello Every one,

First , I have to thank all people who are so enthustrated to help me out. I solved the EOS Utility Wifi didn't pairing issue. I uninstalled the EOS updated Utility software download from Canon web,  then I installed the original CD software came with my camera and boom it works. I don't want to download update software from the web, maybe it has bugs.

Wait..  is that a word?

Or a combination of enthusiastic and frustrated?  ( I Like it)  Ha Ha

________________________________________________________________________________________________

@tmc784 wrote:

Hello Every one,

.....maybe it has bugs.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Does that mean older software doesn't have bugs?

He did try to help, and your issue while clear to you was somewhat of a moving target for us.  While we are glad you solved your problem, I think the uninstall and reinstall is what actually solved your issue. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

LOL...... older software may have bugs, but at least it  solved my issue.

Thanks !

Announcements