cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Utility 3 'connection lost'

thanser
Contributor
Same problem documented elsewhere, using a 5D MK IV on a Dell Laptop, Windows 10, and i just did a restart after installing from ksdw32.9a-installer.exe

EOS Utility loses the camera connection, over and over and over. I'm using a brand new Tether Pro USB cable. 

I've tried shooting tethered after removing the CF card. Same problem.

I've tried disconnecting the power supply to the laptop. Same problem.

I've tried restarting the laptop after installing the EOS software. Same problem.

Once or twice I could get into Digital Photo Professional 4 and begin Remote Shooting, but it loses the connection to the camera after one exposure.

I've used this laptop with an MK III and the previous EOS utility application, no problems.

Any help?  What else can I try?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

thanser, 

We recommend using the EOS Utility version 3.10.00.  This can be downloaded from our web site, here

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

TinusvV
Apprentice

I am having the same problem using a Canon EOS 90D with the wireless network download function to a desktop running windows 10.

Currently using EOS Utility 3.12.10.7.

It disconnects every 3rd shot.

Hi. My tether-disconnect problem put me right off photography for a while but the other day I shot a whole series of mult-row Pano's without one disconnect. The only difference; I decided to abandon AC power and keep 3 batteries fully charged in rotation. I wasn't sure it wasn't the mini usb lead (wireless would be just too slow for RAW + JPG multi-row sequences). So I was pleasantly surprised there wasn't one tether-disconnect over 700/800 shots. So for me, this now points 100% diagnostically to an AC power control issue (which should be addressed by Canon hopefully with a firmware upgrade).

I was always using Canon's own AC power adapter and dropouts (like yours) were consistently common.

If I try AC again and am plagued with the same disconnects I'll update you. Were you using AC or battery power?

Hope this might help you or others . . . Canon support in the UK refused to recognise the issue (because he used a 90D with no issues).

I'm using battery power.

Oh . . . so much for my theory then 😞

Over to Canon . . .

@TinusvV wrote:

I am having the same problem using a Canon EOS 90D with the wireless network download function to a desktop running windows 10.

Currently using EOS Utility 3.12.10.7.

It disconnects every 3rd shot.

Try using Bluetooth, instead of Wi-Fi.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements