cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS T7i lens firmware update issues

IdahoCamoGuy
Contributor

Hello all, so just today I was updating my EOS 80D and our two EOS T7i’s. Firmware updates for all three cameras went well with zero issues. I then went to update the lens firmware for both T7i’s and with the SD card in I would select the lens firmware update and the screen would go blank and then back to the menu. I could not get either camera to take the lens firmware updates at all. Any help with what might be wrong would be great. Using a Mac and the correct file and a good SD card.

thanks in advance,

IdahoCamoGuy

15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

The lens firmware version resides in the lens, the camera is merely displaying the version that resides in the lens. It has nothing to do with the camera.

Are you extracting the .lfu file from the download and copying that file to your SD card?

Anonymous
Not applicable

What is your exact lens model? There are at least two 100-400mm lenses. This firmware is for version 2 (II) of the lens. It won't work with the original version of the lens.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Thanks both.  Obviously, an old link.  I was having a hard time believing the FW didn't still exist.

Are you able to select the file, move the selection to OK, then press the Set button? or is the screen going black when you highlight the .lfu file itself?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

As soon as I select the olde 1.0.6 version on the camera’s screen it then goes black. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is the .lfu file on the SD card root?

Yes just the same as the other firmware updates I did. It’s no big deal as the update isn’t a big one. 

Announcements