cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Remote for Windows Phone 8

lnewton64
Apprentice

Are there any plans on releasing a version of the EOS Remote software for Windows Phone 8 in the near future?

Thanks

162 REPLIES 162

Thanks for the information and I would be glad to help if I can. I am currently running the latest version of windows 10 and can install Wireshark and the Canon EOS Utility. I am not familiar with these items of software so If you can provide the detailed instructions on what to do with these software tools I will try my best to provide the information you require.

Ken

anurag208
Apprentice

Adding my 2 cents for windows phone app.. 

Its being years waiting, i can't believe Canon is so ignorent that they can't develop basic app for top 3 platforms. Or release the apis so anyone else can develop. 

I have to use my android tablet for remote shooting / image viewing but I can't carry it always. Lumia 1020 has long replaced my go to camera so I need it to work with my camera too.

Like me most of canon users are not professional photographers and we like to use these small apps to save time. With this attitude canon is just waiting for a new startup to comeup with a new idea and eat their market share. 

sevensix
Apprentice
@canon: Devices have to be connected nowdays. You better give us a windows universial app, let our dslrs plug into our phones via usb-c/3.0. As sportsphotographers and journalists have to send images right after tge shoot, why not provide a lte connection... Your next 1dx ii better should be "connectable"... But i bet canin isnt even listening to this forum. Cannon you have to become the big player again and not let sony tear you down... Not now, but they will be, because they listen to its customers...
Announcements