cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T7i not recognized after EOS Webcam Utility reinstallation

jjtakagi
Apprentice

I do not have PRO.  I've been using my Canon Rebel EOS T7i with my laptop as a webcam for several years without incident.  Last week, I had a new hard drive installed so I have more memory.  I had to download the software again.  Easy Breezy.  NOPE.

Now, my laptop will not recognize the camera.  The software is there.  The camera is connected and will transfer images to the laptop.  However, the laptop will not recognize the camera and I cannot use this AMAZING camera in Zoom.

I do not recall if I had Windows 10 or 11 when I had the new drive installed.  Is this a problem with Windows 11, which I have now.  If I switch back to Windows 10 will all be right in my world again?  Please help!  I have a lot of videos to create and really need this to work again.  Thanks so much!

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

There is a limited amount of advice that I can offer to home brewed systems,, or anything other than an off-the-shelf platform.  Canon only supports “native” installations of the Operating System.  Most DIY OS installs do not include a full compliment of device drivers.  

If you do not have it installed, I suggest that you install Windows Media PLayer.  CAUTION.  There are multiple versions of WMP out there, which are Windows build version specific.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I don't know what you mean by home brewed systems.  WMP is already installed.  I had a new harddrive installed so that I had more memory, reinstalled EOS and now the camera won't connect.  If you could explain what "native" installation means as well as home brewed, maybe I can go from there.  Thank you for your assitance.  

What he means by "home brewed" is a system that has been upgraded or a DIY computer. Some of our software is known to have issues if it's not the originally installed software. For example if a computer came with Windows 10 and a user upgraded to Windows 11, the software may have issues. Since you've upgraded your hard drive and RAM, he's saying that may be what's causing the issues.

The first thing I'd try, however, is ensuring the USB cable you're using is good, the port is fast enough, and it has enough power. For streaming, ideally, you'll want to use a USB 3 port (a full-size one will usually be blue). If you're plugging into a USB hub, it should be powered since you're using a laptop.  The other thing you'll want to do is make sure you're using the most current version of the EOS Webcam Utility Pro (that's the name of the software - even if you're using the non-subscription version). Snag it from https://canon.us/livestream 

Announcements