cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R EOS Utility WiFi bug

atis
Contributor

Hi,

I cannot connect or pair to EOS Utility (updated to latest version) via EOS R WiFi. I follow all the steps, connect to Cannon eos R WiFi but when I open EOS Utility and press 'Pairing over Wi-Fi/LAN' there is nothing to select. When I connect vie USB I got popup message- Camera model not recognized. But I can launch EOS Utility 3 manually and download photos. Before everything worked fine vie WiFi, then I updated EOS Utility and now it is not working. I have reset cameras pairing info but it does not help. EOS R firmware updated to latest. What could be the problem? I have spent countless hours trying to pair camera to PC..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Now they sent me these instructions. I did everything and it worked!!! After almost a year, I am able to connect to my camera vie WiFi!!! Heart

Please ensure none of the Canon application is running in the back ground, go in to your Windows Task Manager (press CTRL+ALT+DELETE, then click on More Details) and End Task on any Canon application including Canon EOS Utility & Canon DPP, now right click on the Windows Flag icon on the bottom left on your PC, click on RUN, then type ‘%localappdata%’ is in the dialogue box, on the new window, please click on Canon_Inc_IC folder and delete all the folders inside of that folder.

1. Type %localappdata% into the ‘RUN’ box then.  This will open file explorer at the local folder, C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Local.
2. Open the sub folder "CANON_INC".
3. Delete all the folders inside “CANON_INC”.

Once the above is performed, please restart your PC and try installing Canon EOS Utility from Canon support website.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

zander
Apprentice

Thanks - that helped fix my Canon R7 connecting to my Laptop.  I couldn't find the Canon_Inc_IC folder but deleted the contents of CANON_INC.  I didn't have to reinstalled EOS Utility 3, it just worked after re-starting the program.  I was having trouble getting Canon Utility 3 to properly connect to my R7 both with USB-C and WiFi.  I've not re-tested the USB-C but the Wifi certainly started working again after this.

Announcements