cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 80D Volume indicator in Canon Camera Connect...

yulius
Contributor

hello, 

If I watch this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGUcmdRRgno), it has the volume indicator in camera connect

But mine doesn't have volume indicator. I tried 3.0.10.23 and 3.0.1.19. Both does not give me volume indicator. 

How can I activate it?

7 REPLIES 7

Stephen

Are you talking about the recording levels indicator? Which camera are you using? Are you using an external microphone? What mode are you using? 

recording levels indicator.jpg

Hello Stephen, yes I believe it is the recording levels indicator. Please see picture.

I am using 80D and a Hollyland wireless mic (the recording levels show up just fine in the flip out screen but not in Camera Connect App). I am not sure what you mean by "mode"? I was at the video shooting page looking for the recording level indicator and can't find it. 

Camera video mode Phone No Choice.pngCamera photo mode Phone Video mode.pngFlip out screen video mode.jpgSorry, maybe it wasn't very clear before. I've attached my flip out screen picture and camera connect pictures under different modes. 

The recording level works just fine on the flip out screen but it simply won't show up in camera connect app. Please help. I am using 80D. Hollyland wireless Microphone. 

Hi, yulius!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or give our EOS support team a call at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).  They're open weekdays and Saturdays.

Thanks and have a great day!

Thank you for replying Danny, unfortunately, I can't find a single article in the knowledge base talking about activating the recording level indicator in Camera Connect

Nick2020
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi yulius,

I'm curious if you've done tests with wired mics. A wireless mic that is sending audio to a receiver might not register in the same way.

Thank you for replying Nick. I just tried using a wired mic after your suggestion. Unfortunately, still the same problem. The recording levels indicator shows up in the flipout screen but not in camera connect.

You may also notice that the microphone/Attenuation icon that is supposed to be present at the bottom right, is also not showing. 

Announcements