cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 2000D shuts down as soon as the utility is chosen from the conferencing app. (Mac 10.14.6)

Anjello
Apprentice

Hi all,

Camera: Canon EOS 2000D

Computer: MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018) running Mojave 10.14.6

1. Installed EOSWebcamUtility-MAC1.0.
  2. Set the camera to Video mode from the dial on top
  3. Made sure that Wireless/NFC mode is disabled
  4. Connected the USB mini end of the cable to the camera
  5. Connected the USB end of the cable to the Apple USB-C Digital AV multiport adapter
  6. Adapter connected to the Mac USB-C port.

At this point I can still see the camera viewfinder active. As soon as I select the EOS webcam utility from the conferencing app, I hear the camera shutter closing, viewfinder goes black, then says: Press <Live View shooting/Movie shooting> to activate movie shooting. Sometimes this messages reappears a couple more times. In a few seconds the screen goes black and presumably the camera shuts down after the red Access lamp lighting for a couple of seconds.

About one in 30 times it works fine. But most of the times the camera consistently refuses to function when it is selected from the conferencing apps. Tried with Google meet and Skype.

Thanks in advance,

Anjello

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Anjello
Apprentice

Hi all,

So if someone else is struggling with the same issue, here is one tip that may work. (It works for me). After following all the steps I have outlined in my original post, just make sure that you remove the SD card. Then it works.
I hope this helps someone.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Anjello

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I find Apple products to be a little too user friendly.   I don’t like them.  I think the WebCam Utility has been updated at least once, to v1.1.  Upgrading it to the latest version would be my first choice.  

Your issue might also be caused by the multiport expander.  It might not have sufficient power to connect properly to the port in the camera.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Anjello
Apprentice

Hi Waddizzle,

Thank you for your reply. I checked to see if there is an updated version 1.1, but I cannot find such. All I see on the usa.canon.com is EOS Webcam Utility 1.0 macOS thats been released on the 11/11/20. Bit old I see. If you know any other place where I can find a newer version please let me know.

I have ordered a USB-C/USB mini cable for connection in order to eliminate the multiport adapter. Im expected to receive it today. Will update this thread with my experience with that.

Thanking you again,

Anjello

Anjello
Apprentice

Hi Waddizzle,

So to update, I have tried with a USB-C/USB mini cable and unfortunately the behaviour is the same. Perhaps I will take the mac and the camera to the local Canon store. Any suggestions still appreciated.

Best Regards,

Anjello

Anjello
Apprentice

Hi all,

So if someone else is struggling with the same issue, here is one tip that may work. (It works for me). After following all the steps I have outlined in my original post, just make sure that you remove the SD card. Then it works.
I hope this helps someone.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Anjello

Announcements