cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 2 vs EOS 3 untility

sjmunroe
Apprentice

Got a new laptop (with Windows 11 😞 ), Installed the Canon tools including EOS Utilities.

So I connect my trusty 70D via the special USB cable and expect the EOS utility to download my latest images to the laptop. But no

The EOS utility wants to find my camera on the network! When I connect my 70D via the (provided) USB cable. I get this popup that says "Application not installed. Please install EOS Utility 2".

It seems that the Downloads support site only includes EOS Utility 3.

What gives?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Keep loading more and scrolling down on the list.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

It seems Canon may have discontinued support for [EOS Utility 2].  Canon has not released a camera that uses it for several years.  I recommend downloading and installing an older version of the EOS Utility 3.

Remove your current copy of EOS Utility 3 prior to installing an older version that runs on Windows 10.  It may or may not run on Windows 11.  If not, then you will need to use a card reader to read the memory card in the camera.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@sjmunroe wrote:

Got a new laptop (with Windows 11 😞 ), Installed the Canon tools including EOS Utilities.

So I connect my trusty 70D via the special USB cable and expect the EOS utility to download my latest images to the laptop. But no

The EOS utility wants to find my camera on the network! When I connect my 70D via the (provided) USB cable. I get this popup that says "Application not installed. Please install EOS Utility 2".

It seems that the Downloads support site only includes EOS Utility 3.

What gives?

Go to the EOS 1D X Mark III support page and download EOS Utility 3.13.10. It will install EOSU3 and EOSU2. Later versions of the installer only install EOSU3 (as you have found out).

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

sjmunroe
Apprentice

Thanks for the tip. But when I login (select for 1D X Mark III) I only see version 3.15.20 and 3.15.10. I will look on my previous laptop.

Keep loading more and scrolling down on the list.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

That worked, Thanks

Announcements