cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dpp4 version 4.17.20 says canoot import for a CR2 file

Charentejohn
Enthusiast

version is 4.17.20 just installed, first time ever using this, or a digital SLR.
Took some Raw and jpg photos to play around with, jpg reads ok bit the CR2 files, when I click one, gives a grey screen with a ? in the middle and a test message in a white box saying Cannot import Image.

Any ideas as to what I need to do to open them.  Basically I have no idea what i am doing, I selected an image (so it can see them) hoping to then play with the system to see what it can do.  Fell at the first hurdle 🙂  I am guessing I need to be in a particuler 'mode' or such to be able to do something.

If it helps I have picture style editor and that can see and open them ok.

Charentejohn_0-1687681165884.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Charentejohn wrote:

Rick, just says the same as your screen print, Opens with   Photos.

I have put this on onedrive John https://1drv.ms/i/s!AgZCpYNgfmp7jCAxqPtJCGT5T2dm?e=AIM0pf 
I noticed if I just click it it it open in Photos (windows) with the photo top left and the rest black ?  Good luck sure it is just someting I haven't done, usually is.

I get the same results in DPP4. And Lightroom says no preview availanble.

I looked at the image info in DPP4 and then looked back at your original post.

The image sizes are much to small for RAW files from that camera - 4.5 and 3.4 MP respectively.

Something happened to the images. Are these the only two files with a problem?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20

Charentejohn
Enthusiast

Looks like the problem is windows explorer and how it shows the file data.
See the screen shot below and compare with the same file nos in the previous post, in this one they are different, CR2 is ok see image 1391.  Explains whythey process in DPP4 ok despite the small size, because they are not a small size but the proper size 😞 
I now have a solution, ignore windows explorer sizes if they are the same.  Thanks everyone, false alarm on the going wrong again 🙂

Charentejohn_1-1687958016863.png

click here to view the gallery
Announcements