cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloaded R5 firmware 1.9 but doesn't open on Mac

Walkershots
Apprentice

I downloaded the R5 firmware update v1.9.0 (in hopes of fixing an Auto Focus issue). The download put a standard DMG file in my downloads folder (eosr5-c190-mac.dmg). But when I double click the downloaded file, it does a quick animation indicating that it is opening, but, it doesn't. In effect, nothing happens when I click on the dmg file. (BTW, my OS is Ventura 13.6.1) Am I doing anything wrong? Anyone else encountered this issue?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

In Finder, bring up Settings... and then select the General panel.  Ensure that the following items are checked:

• Hard disks
  • External disks
  • CDs, DVDs, and iPod

Finder SettingsFinder Settings

After double-clicking the .dmg file, this should show an icon on your desktop.  Double-click on its icon to open its window which will reveal the firmware and instructions.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

In Finder, bring up Settings... and then select the General panel.  Ensure that the following items are checked:

• Hard disks
  • External disks
  • CDs, DVDs, and iPod

Finder SettingsFinder Settings

After double-clicking the .dmg file, this should show an icon on your desktop.  Double-click on its icon to open its window which will reveal the firmware and instructions.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Thank you, but I seem to have a different OS. Under General, I get different options, but not the one's your post shows. But those items you have checked do already show up on my desktop.  😞

Screenshot 2024-02-13 at 8.19.35 PM.png

Thanks. I found the .fir file and am updating as we speak.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Hi Walkershots,

You'll be making changes to the settings in Finder, not in System Preferences from the Apple Menu.  

Open Finder and select its settings.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements