cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPP4 and Clarity

PysankyArtist
Contributor

While conversing with other photographers who use LightRoom, they had made suggestions to me to improve my photos by adjusting the Clairity slider.  DPP4 does not have this slider -- what would I do in DPP4 that would be comparable to increasing clairity in LR?

Linda
2 REPLIES 2

Ray-uk
Whiz

Clarity in lightroom adjusts the contrast in midtones, DPP does not have this facility although you could probably get the same effect playing with curves. DPP is really more of a basic raw converter although in my opinion it is the best one to use. If you need extra bells and whistles then you can do do the basics in DPP and any further processing in other software, there are plenty of free programs available you don't have to buy lightroom.

@Ray-uk wrote:

Clarity in lightroom adjusts the contrast in midtones, DPP does not have this facility although you could probably get the same effect playing with curves. DPP is really more of a basic raw converter although in my opinion it is the best one to use. If you need extra bells and whistles then you can do do the basics in DPP and any further processing in other software, there are plenty of free programs available you don't have to buy lightroom.

Thanks for your answer -- no, I don't need extra bells and whistles!  I'm just trying to figure out how to accomplish the suggestions I get using the DPP4 program!

Linda
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements