cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPP4 V4.8.30 Opens & then crashes after 5 seconds.

mcroft48
Apprentice

Installed DPP V4.8.30 on my Windows 10 64 bit PC, it opens & then crashes after 5 seconds, V4.6.10 ran OK

4 REPLIES 4

Tim
Authority

Hello mcroft48, 

When this occurs, is there an error message present?  Are you able to uninstall the application from your computer in full and then attempt a complete re-install?  It's possible that errors when downloading may have caused this issue. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

No error code. I have uninstalled, cleand & re-installed.

mcroft,

It may not be related to the problem you are experiencing but when I first updated to 4.8.2 it didn't like the last folder I was in with the earlier DPP version and would crash within seconds of starting.  Once I managed to navigate away from that folder before it crashed it was fine.

I don't know what "set off" DPP about that folder but it was a folder containing nothing but JPG files that also had several sub-folders also filled only with JPG files and all originally started as RAW files from my 1DM2.  

If you cannot navigate away from the folder it is trying to load before it crashes you might try moving or renaming that directory.

This problem occurred using my HP Z820 workstation running Win 10 Professional version.

I did experience one glitch with 4.8.3 this weekend when DPP became non-responsive while I was processing a number of images (individual not batch operation).  I shot a very large number of images at a high school Fall activity night featuring all of the Fall teams and I was about 80% through with the images when it wouldn't come out of the edit window.  I could continue editing but not exit the edit window.  After about a minute DPP simply closed with no error messages and no request to save last changes.  Although it does have a memory leak and substantially grows its usage over time this machine is a dual processor with 256 GB of RAM installed and when it became non-responsive system monitor showed RAM utiliztion at under 10% and both processors were running at less than 1% load so it seems DPP just became comatose.  It worked fine after restart and allowed me to finish editing.  Fortunately I was running JPG conversions as I finished a file because all of the initial edits were loss-a reminder that I had better save often given I this instability was a minor annoyance instead of a major time waster.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

Hey there, I've got pretty much the same issue so I just rolled back to version 4.0 I think and no crashes. Well actually when this occured in order to have my project done on time I asked help at https://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=334359. Probably you'll find some of th ose answers useful. Best

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements