cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPP 4 searching by file name

helen_m_b
Apprentice

OK so am I being dumb? But is there a way to search for a photograph by it's file name? I've looked and looked for a search option but can't seem to see one. Hope someone can help as it's driving me mad having to scroll through a huge folder to find a specific image!

5 REPLIES 5

I don't think there is a search function, at least a search of the manual didn't turn anything up, and like you, I don't see one in the menus. It does have a sort function, but not sure how much that would help you.

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.

I also have never seen a search tool in DPP.

If DPP is your editor of choice you could configure your system to have DPP the default program for editing Canon RAW files as well as JPEGs.

Then you could search for files in File Exploer/Finder - depending on your OS - and then just double click in the file you located.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks for the reply - sadly 

@jrhoffman75 wrote:

I also have never seen a search tool in DPP.

If DPP is your editor of choice you could configure your system to have DPP the default program for editing Canon RAW files as well as JPEGs.

Then you could search for files in File Exploer/Finder - depending on your OS - and then just double click in the file you located.

What a shame as I'd love that feature. I don't use DPP usually but as I now have an R6 I find that I sometimes want to edit in DPP first as it has the proper color profiles etc - I'm a Lightroom Classic user normally.

I am similar. I use LrC with a 1D X Mark III but I configured DPP as default for quick looks. 

Since you have the R6 look into the Color Fidelity profiles. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks - I thought as much - shame as it would save a lot of time!

Announcements