cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPP 4.12.0.5 removes GPS info from my pictures

MaurizioLoreti
Contributor

MacOS 10.15.3, DPP 4.12.0.5; Canon EOS R connected to a smartphone via Camera Connect in order to insert GPS info in the .CR3 files.  Handling three .CR3 images in DPP to create an HDR JPG image, all the GPS info (present in all the three .CR3 images) is missing from the resulting JPG output.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MaurizioLoreti
Contributor
Thank you. Well, 70 exifs were added; just not the ones I was interested in. Than you for your time.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
See page 108 of the DPP manual. It says image data is not appended to HDR images.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

MaurizioLoreti
Contributor
Thank you. Well, 70 exifs were added; just not the ones I was interested in. Than you for your time.

HAEI
Contributor

I have exactly the same problem, and I do not understand why Canon don't answer. I believe it is the DPP4 that deletes the GPS data when you run HDR. It always happens. It is not understandable that Canon don't take this seriously. If you convert a CR2 file to JPG without using HDR you will keep the GPS data, but using HDR results in deleted GPS data in the property files. I am surprised that not more people have asked about this error in Canons DPP4 software

Announcements