cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting old film negatives to positive using EOS Solfware

PappyLaPew
Contributor

Has any one converted old film negatives to positive using the EOS solfware? Does the solfware have the capabilities to do that. I know this process can be done using your digital camera with a macro lens and solfware like Light Pro. Can the same be done using the EOS solfware.   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hazel_T
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi PappyLaPew,

None of our digital camera software has the capability to work with film negatives. We have had scanners that could scan film negatives. For information on that process models that have that function we would recommend contacting the scanner team at 1-800-652-2666 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Eastern time Monday through Friday.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hazel_T
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi PappyLaPew,

None of our digital camera software has the capability to work with film negatives. We have had scanners that could scan film negatives. For information on that process models that have that function we would recommend contacting the scanner team at 1-800-652-2666 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Eastern time Monday through Friday.

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

If DPP has curves you can do a trick where you apply a curve that is max at 0 and min at 255, which will invert the image.

But Photoshop (of any flavor) or gimp will do it easily.

normadel
Authority
Authority

I haven't looked to see if Canon Digital Photo Professional, which is an editing program, can change a negative to positive. I know other (simple) editing programs can.

But FIRST you would have to photograph the negative to create a DIGITAL file from the negative. This is done with a macro setup with slide-copying function, or by scanning the negative on a scanner. Software by itself can't convert a film image to digital form.

Thanks!

Announcements