cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant register my EOS M100 to app

Mimip9
Apprentice

Help please! I am trying to register my camera to the app (after previously having been registered with no problems, had to delete the app due to other problems I was having and when reinstalled now I cant even register the camera. 

I open the app, I have a message telling me to register the camera and I click on that and it tells me to connect the camera to the phone using the camera. All of that goes fine, the canera's wifi appears on my phone and I connect. But the register camera icon does not dissapear no matter how long I wait and the message on the camera states "waiting to connect"

please help! Without the app the camera is a bit useless to me. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Stephen

I'm not a tech, but I've used the app many times. The last time I had an issue, something that wasn't overly obvious was that the camera was paired to my previous phone. That's because the app didn't know about the camera's previous pairing. I had to remove the paired phone from the camera itself, then pair the camera in the app. Once I did that, it worked flawlessly.

Of course, if you need help, don't hesitate to reach out to support! They're at 800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Stephen

I'm not a tech, but I've used the app many times. The last time I had an issue, something that wasn't overly obvious was that the camera was paired to my previous phone. That's because the app didn't know about the camera's previous pairing. I had to remove the paired phone from the camera itself, then pair the camera in the app. Once I did that, it worked flawlessly.

Of course, if you need help, don't hesitate to reach out to support! They're at 800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666).

thank you so much! I have been searching for a support number without success and was able to call and get help with my problem! 

click here to view the gallery
Announcements