cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Digital Photo Pro for Mac

rtbanke
Contributor

I recently purchased a Canon EOS R6 Mark II, and would like to download Digital Photo Professional for my Mac, running macOS 13.1.  I can't seem to find a copy, and it looks like the Canon web site is only showing the Digital Photo Professional Express.  I want to be able to use the RAW Burst Mode and review my images on my iMac. 

Can anyone please advise as to where/how I can obtain Digital Photo Professional?

Thank you!

10 REPLIES 10

John_Q
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello rtbanke,

We do not officially have any software compatible with the new macOS 13 as of yet. You can try downloading the DPP software from the macOS 12 drop-down page if you'd like. You can download the most current version of the Digital Photo Professional software from our website. Click HERE to access the webpage of your camera for the download. Once on the support page, click the Software & Drivers link, then change the operating system drop-down to display macOS 12. Scroll down to get to the DPP download.

Hello,

Thank you for your help; it seems I'm part way "home".  I did as you suggest and I was able to obtain the DPP download file (dppm4.17.0-installer.dmg).  I then opened it and ran the installer (dppm4.17.0-installer.app), and it starts, but it hangs after I accept the license and the installer starts.  The progress bars don't move.  I let this run over night, and I've tried it on two computers (MacBook Pro and iMac 27").  I've rebooted, I've tried installing in "safe" mode, and a variety of other things.  Do you have any thoughts as to what else I might try?  BTW, I was able to download and install the EOS Utility and it seems to run fine.  

Regards, Rick

John,

I see that the software has been updated to include support of macOS 13.  However, the installer is still hanging when I try to run it.  I'd really like to have this software to support the RAW Burst capability on the R6 Mark II.  Any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you, Rick 

I didn’t have any trouble with my MacBook and Ventura, so I don’t have any more to advise. Give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

John,

I will.  Thank you.

Rick

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

DPP 4.17.0 from the macOS 12 download page works fine on a MacBook Air M2 with Ventura.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

John,

Hello,

Thank you for your help; it seems I'm part way "home".  I did as you suggest and I was able to obtain the DPP download file (dppm4.17.0-installer.dmg).  I then opened it and ran the installer (dppm4.17.0-installer.app), and it starts, but it hangs after I accept the license and the installer starts.  The progress bars don't move.  I let this run over night, and I've tried it on two computers (MacBook Pro and iMac 27").  I've rebooted, I've tried installing in "safe" mode, and a variety of other things.  Do you have any thoughts as to what else I might try?  BTW, I was able to download and install the EOS Utility and it seems to run fine.  

Regards, Rick Banke

Hi Rick.

When it's hung up go into System Settings->Privacy & Security->Full Disk Access and see if it is showing any permissions you need to grant.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

John,

Thank you for the suggestion.  Unfortunately, that didn't seem to work.  I'll keep plugging at it and see if I can figure something else out.

Rick  

Announcements