cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon DPP4: Adding text

Vasmar1
Apprentice

Will Canon DPP4 ever get an option to add text? It amaze me that this is still not a function in the program.

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

DPP is a wonderful free software.  You can make a feature request by visiting Canon USA.  At the top of the page there is a [+]Feedback option.  You can make product and software feature requests there.  You'll need to use another editor in the meantime.  I use DxO which has watermarking and text options.

shadowsports_0-1690552526479.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks, I think this is the only feature I am missing in DPP4. //Marius

johnrmoyer
Whiz
Whiz

I did not notice which operating system you use. Gimp is free software and is able to do many things by editing with layers. I sometimes edit a raw file in DPP and save it as a 16 bit TIFF for additional editing in gimp. The 16 bit TIFF contains more information than a JPEG and then I export a JPEG from gimp. I use gimp on macOS and Debian Linux, but many years ago when I had to run Windows at work, I used gimp on Windows.

https://www.gimp.org/ 

Thanks! I am a long time Windows user. I have previously used Gimp but it did not suit my needs, but things might have changed. I will check it out. //Marius

Announcements