cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon DPP Software Download

chrisstegner
Apprentice

I recently purchased an R5 and am looking to download the Canon DPP software. I have had a hell of a time even finding a download location, and when I have, it is Japan EU or other locations other than US. I thought I had located the right file, but when I go to install, it acts like it's installing, but just stops and doesn't install anything. This is becoming ridiculous. I am running Mac BigSur OS 11.6 in an iMac with plenty of power so it's not my system. I have downloaded and tried to install "dppm4.16.0-installer.dmg" with no luck. As I mentioned, I double click on the installer and it shows it's extracting files, but only goes a short bit and just stops and closes. No alerts, warnings at all. Can someone please share a link for the Canon DPP software that actually works and loads?

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I don't understand why you had a problem locating the software on the Canon USA support site:

Screenshot 2022-03-16 093808.jpg

Since you are using a Mac you may need to go into System Preferences-Security and authorize DPP for disk and/or file access. 

If you don't see DPP look for UniversalInstaller and grant access to that.

Security & Privacy 2022-03-16 09-45-42.jpg

I know it works because I have it on my MacBook Air currently w/Monterey. It's been on my MacBook for years through DPP updates and macOS updates.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

chrisstegner
Apprentice

I have the downloaded file now, but it goes to install the software, says "Extracting Files" for about 3 seconds and just stops... no alerts no warnings

Go over to the security page and see if it is waiting for authorization.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hazel_T
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi chrisstegner,

I'm sorry to hear you've been having difficulty locating the software for your EOS R5. All of the software for your camera is available HERE. Once you are on the web page click on the gray Drivers and Downloads button and select the Software tab. If you need the manuals for your camera or the software those are available on the same web page under the Manuals tab.

For the issue with the file exporting we would recommend checking the security options in jrhoffman75's replies. Sometimes mac computers will stop an installation for security reasons pending your approval.

One other thing to try is opening the file in Finder and trying to launch it that way. When you do that open Finder and set it to either Column or List view. Navigate to the download and try to open it. When it extracts the contents of the folder will either be listed below or to the side of the download. When it lists the contents the installer should be available to launch.

Announcements