cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Connect App won't connect to my Samsung Phone

LucasColonia97
Apprentice

Hey there.

From my point of view I tried everything to solve the problem on my own, without amy success..

So: I put om the WiFi on my Canon PowerShot G7X Mark ii, I select it in my new phone (Samsung Galaxy S20FE 5G / Android), put in the shown code and open the Connect App. As far as good.

Immediately the app recognizes the camera, I select it on my phone screen and guides me on. The moment I confirm the steering of the phone on my camera, the app tells me that the connection failed.

Did anyone had or has the same issue? Do I do something wrong? 

I'm thanksfull for any kind of sugestion!

(Camera is updated to the newest firmware; phone as well. I did deinstall the up three times allready to reset it)

2 REPLIES 2

KarolyKrausz
Apprentice

Hi there Lucas, 

I have exactly the same problem with one difference: 

The Canon Connect App refuses to connect (it says connection failed although the bluetooth pairing worked perfectly) to my "Samsung Note 20 Ultra" HOWEVER it connects to my "Samsung Galaxy S22". 

I assume that the Canon software development team is just really, really bad, like seriously bad. The situation is so bad, that I seriously consider moving to Sony. It's straight out unacceptable to want 3.500 EUR for a new Canon R5 (plus the very expensive RF lenses) and then offering such a piece of xxxxx software. That's a very serious red flag. 

Also the fact that Canon gave a s**** to answer you is bad. 

@KarolyKrausz wrote:

Hi there Lucas, 

I have exactly the same problem with one difference: 

The Canon Connect App refuses to connect (it says connection failed although the bluetooth pairing worked perfectly) to my "Samsung Note 20 Ultra" HOWEVER it connects to my "Samsung Galaxy S22". 

I assume that the Canon software development team is just really, really bad, like seriously bad. The situation is so bad, that I seriously consider moving to Sony. It's straight out unacceptable to want 3.500 EUR for a new Canon R5 (plus the very expensive RF lenses) and then offering such a piece of xxxxx software. That's a very serious red flag. 

Also the fact that Canon gave a s**** to answer you is bad. 

@KarolyKrausz,

Welcome to the forums.  This is your first post.  If you'd like any help, please let us know.

I posted this earlier.  R5 C & Android.  (Wi-Fi).  Maybe it will help:

Re: Canon R6m2 and Pixel 7 Pro - won't wifi connec... - Page 2 - Canon Community  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements